The Original TheraSnore is a custom one piece oral appliance that utilizes a greater vertical opening and sturdy design. The Original TheraSnore was introduced in 1987 and has been a staple to the TheraSnore family of appliances.
Because of its unique design, the Original TheraSnore is what is recommended for patients who grind their teeth heavily (brux). This appliance is slightly smaller in size when compared to the Adjustable TheraSnore, and may offer more comfort for patients who are sensitive to sleeping with an oral appliance. Like the Adjustable TheraSnore, the Original TheraSnore has a high success rate for the treatment of simple snoring and mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This appliance has a life span of 1-2 years, however if proper care is taken, it can last much longer. We have heard of patients have their appliance for 6 years before needing a new one!!
How it Works!
The Original TheraSnore is custom made for each patient and is all done chair side. Patients can take home their appliance the same day they are fit. Like the Adjustable TheraSnore, the Original TheraSnore gently holds the mandible in a slightly protrusive position so that the airway does not become obstructed during sleep. Essentially a post on the lower portion of the appliance sits very gently behind the lower incisors, preventing the lower jaw from falling back.
The Original TheraSnore is made from a hard acrylic plastic and a soft thermal plastic, this allows for comfort and a tight fit. Many say the Original TheraSnore fits much like wearing a sports mouth guard. The appliance is designed and trimmed so that there should be not TMJ pain or tooth movement for the patient. Occasionally patients experience excess salivation during the night. This is normal and will improve with time, it typically takes 3-5 nights to get used to wearing.
Features and Benefits:
- The Original TheraSnore is the perfect oral appliance for patients who are heavy bruxers.
- Custom fit entirely at chair side in 30-45 minutes.
- Easy to maintain and keep clean with Ortho Fresh® cold water cleaner.
- Over a 95% patient compliance rate.
- Smaller in size, so patients who are sensitive to having something in their mouth or have a strong gag reflex, will be more comfortable.
- Highly effective in the treatment for mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- FDA 510(k) approved for snoring the prime indicator of OSA
- Allows the mandible complete vertical and lateral freedom of movement.